Monday 26 December 2011

how can I fall asleep at night



today was such a grey overcast day and for some reason I just
thought of this song ...

I remember the first time I heard it ... and it still astounds me
every time I listen to it

definitely in the same league as SILENT ALL THESE YEARS
- and there's not many songs that I would say that about.


I need to see him live - and I will - the next time he comes to
the UK. I won't do my usual trick of planning to go see someone

and then just never going ...

Hope there's someone
Who'll take care of me
When I die, will I go


Hope there's someone
Who'll set my heart free
Nice to hold when I'm tired


There's a ghost on the horizon
When I go to bed
How can I fall asleep at night
How will I rest my head


Oh I'm scared of the middle place
Between light and nowhere
I don't want to be the one
Left in there, left in there


There's a man on the horizon
When I go to bed
If I fall to his feet tonight
Will allow rest my head


So here's hoping I will not drown
Or paralyze in light
And godsend I don't want to go
To the seal's watershed

Hope there's someone
Who'll take care of me
When I die, Will I go


Hope there's someone
Who'll set my heart free
Nice to hold when I'm tired


youtube comments:

remember hearing this for the first time, it stopped me in my tracks
and brought me to tears, not many songs do that for me. pretty unique
guy.

I have never listened to this and not cried.

I don't have an opinion. All I know is that it's raining outside and this
is one hell of a beautiful song.

dissolving here,melting,disappearing... touching my past and future
wounds,and becoming a scar again...

Beautiful ! It simply rips my heart everytime I hear it. Pure genius.

It's one of those rare songs that simply prove music can be art

I can only feel love for this man... There is not many songs who can
speak right to my heart, like this one do....

1:07 is one of the most awkwardly beautiful moments I've ever seen.

This has got to be one of the most beautiful songs ever, I'm bawling
like a baby every time I hear it..Pure genius

This song brings tears to my eyes

Ridiculously underrated, hauntingly beautiful.

is beauty skindeep - what is beauty - define it for me - the voice -
the words - the soul - how can we talk with our heads instead of
understanding with our hearts.

He speaks to our hearts-Close your eyes and listen

Just discovered this. Teacher let us hear it in class. Everyone was
like 'pfff' and I loved it. I'm glad he named the band, I don't think
I'd dare to ask after it since I was the only one who liked it. Liked
it very very very much. :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Hauntingly beautiful is right! He is so wonderfully eccentric. I loved it! It's a rarity that songs will give me the chills and this one really did. Those lyrics are perfection! I've got this song on my ipod now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an amazing song !

    Vote for me to the UGGS contest please !

    http://www.talenthouse.com/creativeinvites/preview/ac27bde654fa8f86e98fcb8b1caad40a/363

    Have a nice day !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your comment on my blog today. Your the best George!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such an amazing voice..i love that the weather reminds you of certain music/songs too, it defines my day! have a happy new year!!

    Krystle

    ReplyDelete