Morrissey is back today with a new single ... and yes it is
very exciting to be able to say that. and M did not disappoint.
here are the 10 reasons why Moz's comeback single is rather
1. it starts off all menacing and tribal-like, who does that?
no-one. except Moz.
2. then on a flick of his heel/flick of his wrist (you choose)
goes into the sweetest refrain you've EVER heard. clever
3. it sounds like a distant blissed out cousin of Ouija Board
(this is a very.good.thing.)
4. talking of that ... is it only me who gets a (albeit very faint)
surf/hawaiian feel from the music?? I love it.
5. I really like how that music feels like it's doing it's own
thing in the background ... it feels like you never know
which direction it's going to go in.
6. the lyrics. is it too much to ask for intelligent meaningful
lyrics these days? seemingly. Moz returns and in 1 song
alone, shows the banality of everyone else's lyrics.
7. at 3.51 because of *that* (err wow) music break that's just
occurred ... it comes back sounding more victorious and
euphoric than ever.
8. we can all feel a bit smug. as in THIS IS WHY WE LOVE HIM.
9. the video (yes a point dedicated just to it)10. with M just reciting the lyrics, Nancy SINATRA wandering
in all Debbie-Harry like(!!) and the whole thing having the
air of a Twin Peaks (it's true!!) Fire Walk-With Me never
before seen moment - it's pretty damn perfect.
WELCOME BACK MOZ!!!
World Peace Is None Of Your Business is available to buy
now on itunes.